Saturday 16 August 2014

16th of Blaugust - N - Nineties

I was born in the late eighties so the nineties were when I spent my childhood.


It was an exciting time where our society was changing. Analogue technology was still heavily used but was being phased out in favour of digital. Computers were still a novelty in our home at the start of the decade but was becoming essential to our everyday lives by the end of it. Most of us didn't even know what internet was in 1990 but it exploded to become something huge and fascinating. And that was on dialup speeds! I didn't have a CD player until 1997 relying on cassettes and records. It was around that time that my dad had been provided with a laptop and mobile phone from his employer. I still remember the phone. It was a Nokia 2110.

Yes, that is a pull out antenna. It didn't even have snake on it!

TV in the nineties was exciting as well. After I moved house in 1996 there was a rule of no more morning cartoons before school because before that it was almost impossible to get me away from the TV. That was because of Agro's Cartoon connection.

Yes, that's a Sailor Moon themed dress up!

Another show I was addicted to (and am even embarrassed to tell you now) was the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.


So that was a glimpse into that marvellous time in my childhood, the nineteen nineties!

No comments:

Post a Comment